Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair coloring question? Need advice or opinions!?

Until now, I've gotten my hair colored at a salon, but I'm trying to do it on my own.



Right now, it is a sort of light, golden brown with some faded subtle blonde highlights.



http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/...



(i am on the left, with the longer hair)



I want to go auburn. My mom bought me a box of dye (Garnier 100% Color in Mahogany Opalescent Brown), and it's a very beautiful color, but I'm worried about my hair turning purple, or something else going wrong...



http://garnier100color.garnier.ca/en/sha...



That is the box of dye I have.



Will the fact that I already have dyed hair change the results of the dye dramatically? (I can work with a bit of a difference than from what's on the box, but I don't want it to be too different)



My friend tried to dye her hair auburn and it turned out...very purple. How big are the chances of this happening to me?



Thanks in advance.



Hair coloring question? Need advice or opinions!?

it will be fine! don't worry about it!! :)



I dyed my hair that color, and it turned out AMAZING!!



x



Hair coloring question? Need advice or opinions!?

DO NOT USE A BOX COLOR.



take it from a cosmetologist. its the worst decision youcan make for the following reasons:



1.) its damn near impossible to remove from the hair if you ever decide to go lighter.



2.) your highlights may turn green, purple or muddy brown because they have no pigment in the hair.



3.) you haveto be careful with terms like "mahongany". its a dark color and could potentially be very dark if youre coloring over color.



please go back to your salon to get it professionally done because if it comes out terrible, color correction is a VERY expensive procedure.



Hair coloring question? Need advice or opinions!?

How to Pick the Right Hair Color based on your hair color and undertone to avoid color failure



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-t...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
internet security